Question

Bob2625

Becoming an Authorized User on Girlfriends Home Depot Credit Card Lowered My Credit Scores
I noticed that my credit scores dropped significantly after my girlfriend made me an authorized user of her Home Depot credit card. My report says I have excess credit card utilization since she charged nearly $8,000 for home improvement items. I am not a co-signer on this account and am not responsible for the debt. I didn't even give her permission to add my name to the account. Is the effect on my scores a mistake by the credit bureaus? How can this be remedied?

You need to be removed as an authorized user then get the account removed from your credit reports by contacting the credit bureaus. You then need to do some reading about credit so that you can understand how it works. It is normal to get your scores dinged for high credit card utilization.