Question

MakingItSoAgain

Bankruptcy not showing up on credit reports
I'm 2 year, 8 month removed from my Chapter 7 discharge date. One month after my discharge date I was able to get two vehicle loans and two small credit cards. My score was around 520 at that time. That was in 2014. Today my score is around 630. I have never missed a payment since 2014. Although I think my score would be higher if those two accounts were not at 90% utilization for a year. However I just paid them off yesterday.

Question #1: I DO NOT see my chapter 7 bankruptcy ANYWHERE on my credit reports (TransUnion, Experian or Equifax). I have all three reports that are 6 months old as well as reports dated yesterday. I have looked everywhere on the reports. I paid particular attention to the Public Records section. The only item in public records section is one satisfied court judgment for $650.

Question #2: The few creditors that were discharged from the bankruptcy are not on the report. They have been deleted completely from all three reports. The remark for one department store credit card DOES NOT mention bankruptcy at all. It simply has a zero balance, payment history as "unknown" and "cancelled by credit grantor". In fact this store had a zero balance going onto my bankruptcy.

Please advise.

Thanks!

All I can say is WOW you are lucky. I am not sure what advice you are seeking, but I will tell you to be very happy there was an error somewhere along the way with your bankrupcty and your credit reports. I would not bring any attention to this to anyone, just let it under the rug and hope that it remains there.

Resolved

It has been over 7 years since the Cpt 13.  was first filled.  So this is why it is no longer on the report.  Chpt 13 stays on for 7 years since filling date.