Question

iwonder08

Bankruptcy Credit score
I filed bankruptcy May 5, 2016 and it reported as "filed" on my CR and dropped my CS about 100 pts. Will my score drop again once it reports as discharged?

No. The score drop is a one-time hit, and over time, if you're smart, the score will go back up (if it's Chapter 13, you will have to wait 5 years before you can bring that score back up). If any credit was exempted from the bankruptcy (house, car, or other court/trustee-approved exemption), your score will likely start coming back up as you continue paying faithfully over time and the older negative/derogatory entries drop off. Once discharged, you can work on getting your score back up even further.