Question

Santa427

Bankruptcy Chapter 13
My bankruptcy was done in October of 2005 that was almost (9) years ago. I was under the understanding that Chapter 13 only stayed on your report for (7) years. can you please help me understand this more and figure out how to get this taken off ASAP. I am trying to get my score up and this is a completely destroying my record. :-(

Should be gone.

A Chapter 13 ("Wage Eatrner's Repayment Plan") stays on your credit report for 7 years, so you may want to dispute this continued reporting of this action with the credit bureaus reporting it.  Do so in writing and keep copies of all correspondence for your records.

A Chapter 7 bankruptcy does stay on credit reports for 10 years. 

Bankruptcy stays on for 10 years, not 7.  Since this one is so old, it probably isn't hurting your score as much as you think.  Look over your report for other items that may be causing your score to be low.