Question

dhaman0001

Bankruptcy Card still shown on credit report/
Jun 15, 2012 You have 1 account that has been delinquent on payments.

This shows on my credit report and was part of the bankruptcy credit cards. I haven't owned a credit card since 2007 when I declared bankruptcy. How do I get it off my credit report?

Most Helpful Response

It'll be gone in due time.

A bankruptcy does not delete your past credit history.  Depending on the month you filed in 2007 (and allowing a couple off months for all reports to get to the credit bureaus) this card and any others that were included in the bankruptcy will disappear in 2017.  There is no way the process can be accelerated.