Question

kenpacom

bankruptcy by ex
i signed initial papers for bankruptcy with now ex. Did not attend hearings or classes. Since then husband filed divorce and bankruptcy to include my name. Am i liable for his debts and should this be on my credit report. I had no debt.

Unless you get the court to help you out on this, you're probably going to be liable for at least 50% of the overall debt listed in the bankruptcy. No matter what, talk to a bankruptcy lawyer - preferably the one who filed the bankruptcy.

---

In the future, go to the classes and hearings. I do all the finances at home, but my wife was right beside me in both; keeping her in the dark would have been catastrophic if something happened to me and she were stuck with having to deal with it alone.