Question

CharSie88

Bankruptcy AND Repossession?
I'm about to file from bankruptcy and I'm including my car. I wanted to know, does it make more sense to just hurry and file first before repossession, or does it not matter?

Basically, if I file first, will they still list a repossession on my credit report once they come get the car?
Thank You.

Check with the attorney handling your bankruptcy because that would be the one person with the best information on what to do.

First check with a good BK lawyer who will recommend chapter 7 or 11. If you are going this route then the lawyer may tell you to drop the car off. If it's a high car payment then there's no question. Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!