Question

jamesburg

bankruptcies-how long it stay's on your credit report?? thanks tom

Most Helpful Response

Chapter 7 stays on ten years from the date of filing, Chapter 13 for seven years.

caringme2

Wasn't there a ruling after 2008 that bk would stay on for 10 years if chapter 7 and that prior was still under the seven year rule??  Please help clarify this for me!   Thanks much

clarification please!

I understood that prior to 2008 there was only a 7 year limit for bankruptcy to stay on your credit report?  Could someone clarify this for me?  I'm referring to a chapter 7...not 13

Thanks!