Question

aceshigh13

Bankruptcies and/or seriously delinquent accounts on credit card application
I'm in the process of rebuilding my credit. My score is 691. My utilization is at 21%. I filed for bankruptcy in 2010. CK had recommended a cc, i applied, and got approved. Great! CK has now recommended a new card. One that I can transfer my balance for 0% interest for 15 months. The application for this card asked if I have had a Bankruptcy and/or seriously delinquent accounts (the first card that CK recommended didn't ask this). Which is true. I'm nervous that this would be cause for a rejection and therefore appear negatively on my credit report.

Looking for some advice? Did CK weigh in my bankruptcy before sending me this offer?

Most Helpful Response

CK Always makes recomendations

Yes the Bankruptcy will show up when they pull your report. If your report looks good since the BR then you should be approved. I would be leary of appling to often.  I suggest that you not applying  until utilization is below 15% and if you have not had any late payments in the last year.  If you do that you should be OK. 

Realize that CK gets a kick back when you apply through the site, Thats what pays for this site. I have found that if your go "mining"for a new card, you will have better results.  Thats where you look closely at the card offers, Going throught all the steps before the final "Submit" button.  Then sit back and wait for Pre-Approved offers come in the mail.  Your chances are much better that you will be approved and often they are better offers that what is offered on the site.  I did this not long ago and received an offer for 0% for 24 months in the mail.  

hope this helps 

Good Luck