Question

Gonzozap

Bank of America NOT Reporting Credit Limit When There Was a Credit Limit
I have a 5 year old delinquent B of A Visa card on my report. The bank reports a credit limit of $0.00, but shows several thousand as the balance. This really tanks my score because it makes my credit utilization over 100%. B of A is the only delinquent card that is not reporting the old credit limit. And yes, I did have a credit limit. I read somewhere that B of A does this intentionally. I also read in the FCRA that a credit limit must be reported if there is/was a limit. Thoughts anyone?? Should I file a dispute?

The key word is "delinquent".  Any credit limit you had was closed. Yes, you still owe the balance you charged up. You don't have credit available because there is no credIt available. Bank of America, or any lender, Is not going to allow you to continue using a credit card you're 5 years delinquent on.  The delinquency alone could drop your credit rating 100 points.

You Failed to Read The Question !

@mindjazz, you completely misunderstood or mistook my question.  Jeez.  In fact, you failed to address anything I posed in my question.  I know the credit line is closed.  And I know the balance is owed.  Those were not my issues.  I'm fairly certain EVERYBODY knows that when a debt hasn't been paid, you can no longer use the account, AND the money is still owed.  We know that when we're 10 years old. 

And where in my question did I deny I owed the money? 

My question was SOLELY about reporting the information to the credit bureau.  Perhaps you should try reading the question again.  If your goal is to assist people, then the first thing you must do is read the question.

mindjazz

I don't believe the lender absolutely must report the credit limit. Perhaps someone else will chime in on this matter. You can certainly try to dispute the matter through the credit reporting agencies of Transunion, Equifax and Experian.