Question

Afdave

Bank did hard inquerry without asking.
I have been talking to a few banks to get the early details about mortgages. The entire time I made it very clear that due to my current lease I wasn't going to want a preaproval letter until at least June due to being in a lease. One the banks went ahead and put a hard inquiry on me without my permission. Is there anything I can do about this or will I just now have to take the hit on my score when I actually want to have it run in 2+ months?

It would probably be difficult to get removed, but you should at least try by disputing it with the credit bureaus. I would also be writing a letter to a superior at the bank that this occurred that explains your issue and I would also be writing reviews about this to warn others that may consider getting a preapproval with this bank.