Question

SFTEOTW

Bank did a credit check without my permission
My bank basically tricked me into running a credit check without my permission.
I was asking a question about a home equity loan and she switched gears on me by asking if I have the rewards portion on my debit card activated - told her I did and asked to see my card.
Looked me up in their system and then asked me how much I make roughly a year - told her and then she hands me my card back and says that I do have my rewards portion turned on the debit card.
I then come home and check my email about a day later and CreditKarma notified me that my bank did a hard inquiry credit check on me!!
Can she get away with that!?
What can I do about that now because I didn't sign any paperwork requesting the line of equity on my home.
Now I got 'dinged' on my credit report!

did not give 640 nissan auto sales premi

. EXETER FIN Finance Feb 3, 2014 Added
5. COAF Finance Feb 3, 2014 Added
6. ALLY FNCL National Credit Cards/Airlines Feb 3, 2014 Added

if they didnt ask for your social then they should not have ran your credit now if they did and u gave it to them your on the hook for it but you can contact the beaureas and have it removed may take some time

if you gave her your social in regards to a home equity loan then you are allowing her to pull your credit, but if she did it with out your permission then you have the right to report her to her manager and compain about how it affected your credit report score, ask the manager for a letter that proves they made a mistake and took care of the employee who ran your credit report without your permission and make sure they sign the letter make sure you have copies of that letter then fax or send your proof of appology on the banks behalf  and ask the credit bureau to remove (dispute) the inquiry off your report. GOOD LUCK.