Question

Posted in Banking

dreamgal7

Bank Account with Line of Credit...Keep open or Close?
I have a bank checking account, savings account and Line of credit. The Line of Credit was showing as a Loan on my Credit Karma report. I have since then paid of my Line of Credit. I have other bank accounts I use and only kept this open due to the Line of Credit.
Will it hurt my credit if I close my checking/savings/line of credit Account?
Thanks

Is it costing you anything to keep the line of Credit Open?   

I have a 50k dollar equity line of credit and will keep it open for as long as I can. have only used it twice for small things and paid it off quick.

dreamgal7

No it isn't costing me anything.  I just thought if I closed down the checking, savings accounts and line of credit, it would be one less thing to have.