Question

ebenzin

Balance Transfers
I keep getting messages like " You're using more than 30% of your available credit. Consider transferring your balances to a new card. It could increase your available credit and help you save on interest"
I applied to Chase Slate and got a credit limit of $500. I complained, they raised it to $1000. I have credit card debt just south of $7000. None of it was frivolous. Car repairs and other critically needed purchases. No vacations, trips, nothing extra. Could you recommend a Balance Transfer Card that would contain a useful credit limit? I would do a bal. transfer in a second. Thanks.

It depends on how your credit is as well as your "debt to income ratio" as to whether you could get approved with a balance transfer card with a limit that high. If Chase only issued you a thousand dollar card, chances of you finding someone to issue you a seven thousand dollar card are pretty slim. Have you thought about getting an installment loan to pay the credit card off? If you can qualify for one, that may be the way to go, it would most likely be lower interest and it would improve your credit by getting rid of the high credit card utilization.