Question

Need2know500

Balance transfer limit
I want to do a balance transfer. But what if the limit is to low for the whole amount. I can't afford to pay an extra cc. Is there a way to avoid this? My score is 265 and 269. This is all new to me. This balance transfer thing sounds like a crap shoot I can't afford to lose.

With those scores I am going to guess that you not be aproved for any increases on current cards, or any new cards. I would say that it does sound like a crap shoot in your situation.

I wanted to do a transfer, applied for a new card to get their 0% for 1 year on transfers, and was only aproved  for about 1/3 of what I wanted. This with scores in the mid 700's.

I'm sorry, but such low credit scores right now virtually guarantee no chance of getting a balance transfer card.  I really suggest taking the time to read the articles on this site so you can learn what to do to build your score to a decent level. That is the expressed purpose of Credit Karma and it helped me a lot.  Once you nhave a decent score, the benefits are fantastic!  Please do this for yourself and your financial future.