Question

mizsam4

Balance Transfer Credit Cards
Want to get a new CC with balance transfer to pay off about $7k debt on cards. No-one will give me card b/c credit score too low (620-640)...so why is a "Credit Card Bal Trans" the answer to taking care of my debt? This is what Credit Karma suggests I do. I can get a personal loan for 35% but that is higher than my cards! I want to boost my credit score so I can purchase a home. Any other solutions?

Many posters on this site recommend Dave Ramsey's view on paying down debt. I like, and recommend, paying down your highest interest credit card first. Put as much money as possible towards your highest interest card, and make minimum payments on the others. Once the highest interest card is paid off, then put all of that payment towards your next highest interest card, and so on. You need to stop using all your credit cards, and only live within your means.

Many people waste so much money on eating out, getting morning coffee. A $4 cup of coffee, 5 days a week comes to $80 a month! Add a breakfast sandwich, going out to lunch everyday adds up tremendously. At your home or apartment, raise your air conditioning thermostat to 78 degrees to save electricity costs. In the winter lower the thermostat to 66 or 68 degrees.  Save vehicle fuel costs by planning and organizing your trips into fewer trips.

There are usually many areas people can budget in to save costs. Obtain a temporary part time job to assist with costs if necessary.