Question

srasmussen86

balance transfer and applying for new credit card
I currently have 2 Southwest credit cards, 1 in which it is currently active an one American Express which I have had or 8 years. I would like to close one of my southwest credit cards, the one the is inactive and open another American express card with a 0%APR. I would then like to transfer my balance from my active southwest card of $4,000 to the new American express card. Do you think this will affect my credit score negatively?

It will negatively affect your credit because of closing the one card.  That is one thing to never do.  You want to keep building the amount of available credit you have.  Please go back and re-read the articles provided here so you can better understand exactly how credit works.