Question

spirulina

Bad score because of NO credit history
I am off credit for many years. I use debit cards and pay bills on time, so I am debt free. My credit reports are empty with no info for the last 15 years, good or bad.
I went to a bank to apply for a mortgage, and the credit score pulled nothing. After talking to Experian, they said that without any credit history, the scoring algorithms do not return a result.

Now I need to build my credit history in a way that will increase my score ASAP. What is the best way? Personal loan? Credit cards? From one bank? Multiple banks?

Yes you will need to buld your credit.  When I started I got 2 secured cards.  Af few months later I was able to get a card from Cap 1.  They say starting with 3 cards will max your score.  Also you want to keep your utilization down, somewhere between 1 - 9%..  If you look around here on CK and other credit froums you can learn a lot about credit and how it works.

Please give serious thought to reading the articles provided by Credit Karma since the site's purpose is to teach how credit works and how to build a good credit score.  I have learned a lot from the articles.