Question

thinkpink09

bad debt credit card
I have a credit card debt with CapOne that was from a year ago. The card was mistakenly charged off by CapOne so I disputed the charge off and was told that it was going to be removed from my credit report and to apply for a new credit card. I did so, but was denied the card replacement due to still have a balance on the old card that was charged off. Should I pay my balance with CapOne even though it is not affecting my credit so that I can get another card through them OR just apply for a different credit card via a different bank? Has this happened to anyone before?? ANY advice helps!!!!

If you owed Capital One money and did not pay it, then the account is rightfully charged off and will probably go to collections. I have no idea what you are stating here, what you are saying does not make sense.

thinkpink09

I was paying it, thats the thing. I still had a balance before being charged off that i was paying. In the midst of doing so, they charged off the card so i had to dispute the charge off because i just recently made a payment. The dispute went through in my favor because i was told i wouldn't be charged off as long as i made the payment. It was done in their error. The charge off was then removed from my credit history. Its not affecting my credit in any way, it does not show up due to the fact, they were in the wrong for charging me off. My actual question was, should I continue to pay off the balance, which only shows on their banking system, i do not get called about the balance because it was not sent to any collections agency since I won the dispute. OR should i leave the balance there & apply for a card through another company? I was told i will continue to get denied via CapOne until the balance is paid.

thinkpink09

Long story short, its a bad debt closed account in Capital One's system but its not in collections nor affecting my credit. This was my first and only major credit card so I dont really know what to do. I havent applied for any other major credit cards so Im not sure if i should pay the debt off in full and reapply or just try with other companies and pay the debt off whenever i can.

Try first premier or credit one. Capital one did this to me and have put 3  hard inquiries on my credit report trying to get a new card. I'm reestablishing my credit elsewhere!