Question

StephanieSkye

Bad Credit Score
I am 25, almost 26 years old and my credit is trashed, starting since I was 18. My question is would it be worth filing bankruptcy or just waiting until the negative impacts on my credit "go away". How long does it take something to come off of your credit?

Most Helpful Response

Closed accounts with no negative info stay on for 10 years, those with negative info stay on for 7 years after closing them.

With regards the bankruptcy - you have not provided enough info to determine what your best course of action. The only way to comment on this is to know what negative items are on your report. Late payments? Tax Liens? It all depends on what you have.