Question

jimbo06

bad credit mortgage
Hi I have a good income but my three credit scores are 570 589 667. My lease is about to be up in my apartment. I want to know if theres any way I can get a mortgage with these kind of scores

Most Helpful Response

multiple your income ie:40k by 3 thats how much house you can afford (120k) with your score...(rule of thumb is x4 if your above 620 across the board and you are not so x3 for you) your debt to income ratio shouldn't be above 30% (since your score is weak) so if you bring home $3,300/month your bills shouldn't add up to more then $1,100 (this includes cable,electricity,water,phone, car, insurance, groccerys, cell phone....everything) and on top of that I recommend you save as much money towards a downpayment as you can with your scores i'd STRONGLY recommend 20% ie: 120k thats 24k (10% at the lowest) its shows your serious and you need all the help you can get....its possible but very hard for someone with your score but the more money you make and the smaller house you buy the better off your chances....if you made say 75K and went for a 150k house with 20% debt to income ratio($1250/month in bills) you'd be approved regardless your credit score because you have a lousy  score your going to have to work 3x as hard 

jimbo06

Well im only looking to buy a townhouse. The ones i was looking at were no more then 130k. I make about 100k a year. I can put down 10% no problem i just cant find a lender that will give me a loan. I really dont want to keep running my credit all over the place

does the lender know your willing to put down 10%.....if he doesn't that will influence the decision and it will be a NO (if not aware) BUT honestly 20% is the magic number (thats just how it is...it seems to open doors that otherwise would remain closed....MONEY TALKS)  

jimbo06

thanks i will give it a try

Yes.  Visit www.naca.com.  This is a non-profit, legit agency that helps middle-low income folks get homes with 4% interest, no down payment, no closing costs and credit scores don't matter.  I have 2 folks in this office doing just that.  Check it out!

does anyone know a legit lender?