Question

lallen1593

Background check w/ AdvantageStudent & under my SS search there was a name that wasn't mine.
I had a background check done with Advantage Student and under the social security search there was another name above mine. I called the social security office to see if they could help me and they told me to run my credit. I just want to make sure that this person isn't trying to ruin my credit or steal my identity. His name under my social security search is Lloyd Dotson and address Homeless, Dalton Ga.

You need to pull your full credit report from www.annualcreditreport.com and write to all three credit bureaus if the wrong name/social or anything else is in error.  If you are worried about ID theft you can freeze your credit at the websites of all three bureaus, there is a nominal fee to do so.  Best of luck!