Question

realrenoestate

Back Dinged Every 31 Day month With a 30th Day Payment After Seven Year Account Paid Off.
I had an auto loan that showed current/paid as agreed for it's entire loan history (7 years). After the pay off, (Jan. 2014) they reported 2 late payments (Jan. 2014 & Feb. 2014). I asked them to be removed which they did, but then manually back-dinged every 31 day month that showed a 30th day payment over the entire 7 years. I was denied a mortgage because of this.

At the time, we had no control over their system being down or the banks not posting our over the phone payments in time and was reassured we would not be dinged.

If I were you, I would go to the Consumer Financial Bureau website and the Federal Trade Commission website and file complaints against the company online.  Best of luck!

Sorry, I meant the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau