Question

slbrowns31

AZ Collection Agency refused to mail me documentation on account
I printed a copy of my credit report and found two accounts that had been sent to a collection agency in arizona where I reside. I called the number listed and spoke to them asking to mail me a statement or something that shows I owe the debt to them and some sortof payment slip to send payment back with. They refused to send me anything, is this legal? They stated it was not cost effective or environmentally friendly to send me anything after 4 years since I did not take care of it years ago. They explained if it is on my credit report then that is good enough for written documentation that I could make payment over the phone or come to their office. Are they legally aloud to deny sending me proof of the debt when requested so I can settle/pay the debt?

Read  http://www.nerdwallet.com/blog/tips/collections-request-proof-of-debt/

and goto www.cfpb.gov   

Good Luck