Question

PASUKA

Auto Loan/Repoed-Account Closed
It shows Account closed for my auto loan which I haven't paid. I was going to contact my bank to see if I could make payment arrangements because I just started working again..but then saw this. I'm wondering if I still have to pay it or not because it says closed? And if finally paid off or not how long will my score be poor .. Will it be poor score for life if never paid ?

Just because an account is closed it does NOT mean that you are off the hook for the debt. The "Statute of Limitations" in your state will determine how long you are "legally" obligated to pay it. Most negative information found on your reports is removed in 7 years, it is not on there forever (unless it is an unpaid federal loan). If you can afford to make payments to the lender (if they are still willing to accept them) you may want to do so, so a collection does not pop up on your report as well and so you don't get sued for the debt if it is still within the SOL in your state to be sued for debt. I strongly recommend that you do a lot of reading on the subject of credit so you can learn more about it, the information is of extreme value and will help you for the rest of your life.