Question

AbhishekShuklaRavishankara

Auto loan with short credit history
I have a credit History of 1 year 7 months. The credit limit on my ONLY credit card (through my credit union) is $750.
I have a gross income of $90000 per year.
I have a new NY license also. I got it last month.

I want to get an auto loan for about $25000 to $30000. I went to a Chevy dealership and the Finance guy said I have been rejected in few (5) places because of my credit limit and credit history. He says he should be able to find something. But, I want to know what my chances are. Also, I am putting down 5k as my down payment.
This will be my first auto loan.

Can someone help.

You can probably get approved somewhere

However, your rate will be very high (at least 15%). You may want to consider something used and a little bit cheaper that you can pay off quickly while you continue to establish credit. If you can get that loan, you'll pay a lot of money in interest.