Question

JamesF2016

auto loan shows closed derogatoryon a trade in
I was looking at my TransUnion credit report and it shows the status of loan on a vehicle that I traded in as 'closed - derogatory'.

I never missed payments and always paid on time. Plus, the dealer would have paid off this loan.

The only thing I can think of is that I had an open Chapter 7 at the time, but I had reaffirmed my car loan. In fact, it says in the comments 'reaffirmed'.

This is 6 years old. Should I bother requesting TransUnion fix it or just let it go? Wasn't sure how much of a hit it would have on my score.

Equifax does not show the same status

Most Helpful Response

You could dispute it, but unless you're looking to buy a new home or car in the next 12 months, I'd probably let it go, and let it die 12 months from now.