Question

reregarrett

auto loan, housing, 649 score. which to do first and how t increase these numbers?
Hi, I am in the market for a new apt and vehicle (both due to family growth). My score is currently 649 and I cant seem to figure out how to increase this. I was told to apply for new credit card but that will make my score drop??? I'm not sure if I should continue working on that number or if at 649 is good enough for what I am trying to accomplish. I have 427 in collection which is about to fall off. The only active thing on my credit is my credit card thru capital one. it is current with no late payments balance of 250.00 with 750 credit limit. I have in the last 2 years paid off 2 student loans one in advance. I just cant understand how to make this number move again? Also Should I apply for housing (there are 2 apartments (I believe hard inquires) first? or Should apply for the car first? They are both a necessity within the next 2 months. Any Advise to any of the question is appreciated. Thank you In Advance

additional information

i should add i gross 3850. monthly

You've charged 33% on your credit card. You should never charge more than 30%, and pay it in full every month. Paying interest is wssted money.

Is a new apartment and other vehicle really necessary at this point? Wants and need are two different things.  

Make a strict budget.  No going out for fancy coffees and a breakfast sandwich, and take your lunch made from home to work.  I hear coworkers whine they have no money, when I see them bring $4 coffees into work. $4 x 5 days a week, x 4 weeks equals $80 in coffee alone! Not to mention they go out for lunch everyday. Turn your thermostat up to 78 degrees while you're at work. No sense in cooling off the apartment when no one is there. There are lots of little things that save money.