Question

Posted in Auto Insurance

Bradford0

auto credit score is phoney
All other credit areas are in the excellent (784) range, yet auto insurance is in the poor range. It was told to me by my so called agent that auto insurance companies "judge" auto insurance worthiness according to the individual's credit history. People who pay their bills are also likely to be responsible careful and thus accident free drivers. The whole system is a great big pile of crap. The only thing that keeps Credit Karma from being fraudulent is the fact they don't charge individuals for the information. My score hasn't changed in more than a year, yet my purchases have varied greatly from month to month. Paying the entire credit card charge off every month DOES NOT help your credit rating. It's a huge scam................

Well you obviously

aren't getting anything out of the education that CK is trying to provide. 

Remember, this is an educational site. not a credit reporting agency.  I agree, credit karma is not all that accurate. but it doesn't need to be. Its a monitoring site.  I asked my auto insurance carrier and they too use a credit score and not an auto insurance score. in fact my agent has never heard of it. 

You are correct: paying your credit card balance off every month doesn't seem to help your score. But a lender will see that you do pay every month.  Paying off balances every month is the best way to keep credit under control, but its not what credit card companies want to see.  they want to see balances that they can make interst off of.   

I don't know what you are expecting but they call it the "Credit Game" for a reason,  You got to get in there and play the game if you want to win!