Question

QnA2222

authorized user on someone else's credit card
I'm authorized user on someone else's credit card but it's affecting my credit score negatively. Will that disappeared from my credit history if im removed from that account or does that stays in my records?

It won't disappear completely

It will show in your credit history, but if the account is reporting negitively, then its probably best to get out of the situation.   If the Card holder is not paying according to the aggreement, then you need to get off that card and cut your losses.  

Call the phone number on the back of the card, explain that you want the card canceled and why. Ask for a mailing address and follow up with a letter, Paper trails are easier to follow if something comes up. Should be as easy as that. At least derogitory remarks will stop reporting.  

Beware that they may send you a new card in the mail trying to get you back on the account, if they do, cut it up and do not activate it. Infact I'd cut it up and mail it back, Send a message.