Question

putitontheboard

Authorized User On Card With No Reported Limit
Already an authorized user on a card with a reported credit card balance on the credit score reports but no reported credit card limit. This is the only card on my credit report, so Credit Karma has my credit card utilization ratio as "N/A" because there is no reported limit on this card to calculate a ratio.

If I add a new card as the primary holder that does report a credit card limit, how will that impact my credit card utilization ratio going forward? In other words, will the existing balance on the "authorized user" card with no reported limit now be recorded as my own credit card balance and then held to the credit limit on the newly reported card on which I am the primary holder for purposes of calculation credit card utilization ratio?

I am not sure if they will use the balance on the no-limit card against you or not, but regardless you need to get credit cards in your name only and start building your own credit. Take some time to read all that you can on building credit. Three credit cards and one installment loan that are reported to all three credit bureaus are the basic credit building tools. Never rely on somebody else for your credit.