Question

khrizkat

Authorized user in three credit cards
I am a add on for three major credit cards but they pay them late and is about 96% to 99% charged up. Would it affect me being that I have little credit to ask to be taken off the cards or should I wait until it gets paid off? I only have 1 dept store card that is 20% used and I keep the balance owed low. I am not sure what to do to establish a strong score..

Most Helpful Response

Good News for you

The good news is this..... You don’t have to be on their card. 

You can contact the primary (the main person on the card) and ask them to remove you from the account.  Or in some cases you can contact the creditor directly and ask that they cancel your authorization and remove the account from your credit reports.  Once you are removed as an authorized user, the account will fall off your credit report in a short amount of time. 

UNDERSTAND that this method only works for authorized users, and NOT joint account holders.  Joint account holders are equally responsible for the debt; and authorized users are allowed to charge items to the card, but are not legally responsible for the debt.