Question

SammieKlein1992

Authorized user account open date is wrong
I am an authorized user on my husband's credit card, his card was opened in July 2015 but I was added on May of 2016, on my credit report, they reported the account open date as May 2016 but I thought usually use the date the card was first issued to the primary account holder. I am a AU on other cards of his and those dates were reported correctly back to when they were originally issued. Do you need to send American Express a letter expressing my concern? If the correct date was reported, it would raise my average age of accounts.

Planning to do the same

I wanted to do something similar.  Did you find out if your credit score improved at all by doing that?