Question

HeatherDawn80

Authorized User
I have been an authorized user for almost 2 years on my room mates credit card and now the account is closed with a balance due of course. My question is, how do I go about removing myself as a authorized user and is it even possible? When and if I am removed is it still going to show up on my credit report still?

Contact the Card company

The numbers on the back of the card.  Call them and explain whats going on.  I'm not sure how the card company will approach the situation.  If your roommate is past due, they may want you to pay off the card before you are removed.  As a signer on the account, they probably don't have all your personal info readily available,  DON'T give them any more than they already have.

Give them a call, hopefully you will get a sympathetic ear that is willing to work with you.  No guarantee but its worth a shot.

BigNeeNee

Call and have yourself removed.  Once you are removed it will wipe out all data of the account.