Question

BigMistake1

Attempting to raise my score and it dropped. Help!
My credit score was 720 and I was trying to raise it in order to qualify for a mortgage. I thought that adding new accounts would raise my score because it would lower my debt to available credit ratio. I had my wife add me to 3 of her accounts. Combined it added approx 10k in available. They were also accounts that have been open for several years. I then opened 2 additional on my own. One for 5k and one for $3,500.
I just checked my score and it dropped by 70 pts! WTF! I added no dept! I guess what happened is that the hard inquiries along with the 5 new accounts did this? Was it because even though the accounts were not new for my wife still show as new on my report? I thought the age of the account would be the same?

I need help in resolving this mistake. Can I just have her remove me from her accounts and that clears that up? Should I also just close the 2 new accounts I opened? Will this bring me back into the 700's?

I am so disappointed. I wish I just left good enough alone.

Damage is done,  give it a bout 2 or 3 months and see if it rebounds