Question

x87bliss

AT&T admits to hard inquiry without permission, but refuses to remove the inquiry. Options?
When I started my residential electric service, I was connected to All Connect which tried extremely hard to sell AT&T Internet. I declined a few times. They offered to lock in a price for me that I could consider. In this process, they asked for my permission to run a credit check. I declined, but they ran the check anyway.

I spoke with a customer service manager on Facebook who admitted that AT&T had made a mistake, and that my "nah" was hard for them to hear. And so she stated the credit check would be removed within 60 days.

I called today (over 60 days later) to follow up, and now I'm being told that they will not remove the credit check, and I would have to call the manager of the associate at All Connect to complain.

Equifax states they will not remove the inquiry based on the communication I have, because they will only accept communication directly from the creditor to them. AT&T will not provide this communication, because they don't want to remove the inquiry.

What options do I have?

Best bet is to forget about it. It wasn't right and I would be extremely mad too, but don't allow yourself to be caused any further headache over this. It would be a very difficult battle and you probably won't succeed. Maybe write some reviews online about this experience to spill your frustration, it should help make you feel better and warn others about this and possibly cause the business to lose a few customers and that should bring some satisfaction. Inquiries only last two years and only cause slight damage. I definitely understand your anger over this, but try to put it behind you, no sense in letting it hurt you any further.