At what point should you open new lines of credit?
I have one credit card (and a debit card) for the last 3 years. I did have two cards but the first card I got was with this really shady kind of company that sends out credit offers to newly 18 year olds with a high APR and when I closed it, an insane monthly fee.

I really don't use the credit that I have and have no reason for another card but is it better in the long run to apply for another card while you can and have that open line of credit? I am looking to buy a car next year and want a really good deal lol.

According to Credit Karma, my score is 719 today. I'm 25 and while I'm currently not in debt (as in, spending more than I can pay back), I'm in a tight spot where I'm kind of broke as in paying off the balance leaves my bank account empty so I've been paying increments while I can. I'll get it all back in order come February when I get my financial aid check but it makes Christmas a stressful time, money wise.

So should I open another line of credit (perhaps one of the offers here or get a store card that I really enjoy shopping at?) or just stick to the one I have. It's an Amazon Chase card and my APR is currently 19.24 which I think is still pretty never really bothered me before because I never had any carryover balances. Should I get a new card that will give me a lower APR?