Question

Gillylaho

At 628, should I try for the capital one Quicksilver or the secured card?
I have a score of 628 and have no credit card. Should I try for the Capitol One Quicksilver or the Capital One secured card?

Try prequalification

Fill out capital one's preapproval application. It'll show you the best suited card for you. 

https://findmycard.capitalone.com/en/PageVersions/LandingPages/LP_UNS_QUICK_RWD_V01.aspx?external_id=CJA_ZZ11675637_USCCJ_K2569276_3950408961

With a 628 credit score, you'll have a better chance getting approved for the Capital One secured card.

Pre-Approved CC

I went to the Captial One website to see if I am pre approved for a credit card,  It provided a list of cards I was pre-approved for.  I am afraid to let them put a hard hit on my report and decline my applicaiton.  My Equifax score is 628.  I have a couple of credit cards in good standing and a couple of student loans in deferrment.  What are my chances of getting approved?

I'm considering applying for the Quicksilver myself. My credit scores have improved from the low 570's to the low 670's over the last thirteen months and I have a Capital One secured MC and Amazon Store Card, both in good standing with decent utilization and consistent on-time, over-minimum payments, as well as a student loan that came out of deferment in late 2015 on which I've also made on-time payments without fail. Both versions of the Quicksilver (the no-annual-fee and the $39 annual fee) have popped up on my Recommendations screen today with "very good" odds of approval.  Should I try for it?

P.S. Is the Quicksilver a Mastercard or a Visa? There's no logo on the card to indicate which one it is; I asked the same question about the Venture yesterday and have been told that it's probably a Visa.