Question

FishiesRCute

Are you ever going to fix your score simulator?
Creditkarma, are you ever going to fix your score simulator? I have a credit score below 600 and changed the scenario so that I pay off enough to take my debt to credit ratio from 95% to 50% and my score didn't change at all. It didn't even go up one point. If you can fix this I can stop paying to use another site since you both give me the same information but their credit simulator works.

Credit Karma doesn't give FICO scores

When Credit Karma says they'll give you your credit score for free, they don't mean your FICO credit score. The Credit Karma score, according to a Transunion rep, is a RANTAGE score -whatever that means. They do get it from Transunion, and Transunion does have your FICO score, but you have to pay $9.95 for it.

Because Credit Karma gave my credit score as 738, I applied for their highly recommended Barclays credit card, and was promptly denied. NOTE: I really don't want a credit card because I've been happy using my debit card. But my credit report shows that my score would improve if I had a credit card, so I applied for one based on CK's encouragement. 

CREDIT KARMA: STOP THE DECEPTIVE PRACTICES

hennesseyg

My score from KC is the same as TU 

Hi KDAKC,

I'm sorry you're unhappy with the services we provide. I'd like to point out that the 4 scores we provide from TransUnion are all clearly labelled: https://www.creditkarma.com/myfinances/score

We provide a TransUnion NewAccount Score, VantageScore, Auto Insurance Score and Home Insurance Score. 

It's also important to realize that you do not have one true FICO score. There are 49 different models of the FICO score that can be used by lenders, depending on their needs. 

At Credit Karma, we urge consumers to track their overall credit health - not just a 3 digit score, since there are so many models. 

Most Helpful Response

Similar experience

I too have had an issue with this.  I have a 697 and put in paying all my bills on time for six and 9 months and it said my score would lower.  This made no sense to me.  If this is true, then why am I busting my hump to try and do the right thing paying everything off and living on Ramen?

hennesseyg

I sugguest you getting a secured credit card and keeping all balances under 30% I filed bankruptcy and my score is close to 700 now after nearly 2 years. It will take time to clean up ur credit but it will happen. It happened for me.

Your score simulator sucks

According to your simulator,If I pay down 10 grand on my debt my score will drop from 700 to 670? My score was 752 and when i charged a tool for 86.00 it dropped to 640?I have never made one late payment and have no adverse accounts or anything negative at all.Also My auto insurance score has not changed one single point in the last 6 months.The only bad things on my report are length of accounts and number of inquires and this is because when I paid my mortgage the last ten years after my mother passed away it was listed under the estate of my mom so it didnt show up on my credit report until I refinanced it into my own name and had to sell my house to myself to get the title in my name.I would like to know how my score dropped from excellent to fair in one week for charging an 86.00 router while amex doubled my credit limit that same week and I have never charged over 20 percent of my limits on any of my credit cards? My score even dropped 60 points when I paid off all my credit cards?I am begining to think this site sucks!! I have been a member for over a year too!

Lisa mardis

Hi, I have credit score of 0 and would like to build it up. I cannot use the simulator  as it states it has hit a snag. I was approved for a secured card of 200, and will add my 19 months of rental history. I wondered if I should use a furniture account to help my score. But I don't  know  because the simulator  isn't  working. Is it because my score is 0?

Simulator working?

I tried using your simulator and not sure it is working correctly.  I have had one late payment (30 days) in the past two years.  I wanted to see how my scorenight change if I had no late payments in the past 24 months.  I selected this in your simulator and it promptly told me my score would not change at all...no message saying it wasn't working.  It simply said it did not anticipate a change.  I would think this is not remotely possible.  Could you take a look at this?  Thanks!

Tbly23

I have tried all your recommendations and my score keeps going own.  Your srvice truly sucks.  Anyone who is using this site.  Get off now before you get sucked in.  creditKarma is simply based on selling Credit Cards...just sk yourself...How do they make money?  Their advice is not professional, it is just another sales job!