Question

Natasha81sj

Are there online lawyers, for filing bankrupt? Can I do the whole process online?

Most Helpful Response

Consult with a bankruptcy attorney in person or you may be sorry.  The majority of bankruptcy attornies offer a free initial consultation and will provide information based on your situation that may help you avoid filing bankruptcy.

Be fully aware that bankruptcy is NOT a "fresh start" unless you consider starting "from scratch" to be a fresh start and that the fact of having filed a bankruptcy will hurt your credit for at least 10 years.

Too many people consider filing for bankruptcy when the debts they have are "unsecured" and those are the very last in the list of bills that gets paid in a bankruptcy.  I know because I did one many years ago and wish I knew then what I know now.

Please read the educational articles on this site so you can get a better understanding of all aspects of credit.  That is what Credit Karma is for--teaching people about credit so they don't make stupid mistakes.