Question

dkava2

Are there any non-secure cards that approve young people with no credit history?
I have never had a credit card or loan in my name. More than once my bank has had to cancel our debit cards due to security concerns. Due to this I would really like to get a credit card in case of emergencies and to start my credit history positively. I will always be able to make my payments but I don't like the idea of pre-paid or one with a security deposit and 200 limit. Are there any cards from the main banks that would approve someone with no credit?

I have not heard of any. I am old enough to remember when the only credit cards available were Diner's Club, Carte Blanche and American Express and those were only for the very affluent.  When Visa cards first came out in the 60s(?)  they were sent to almokst anyone, to the card issuer's later regret. 

A secure card with a small limit is a beginning, and it doesn't take very long to build to where you can get an unsecured card with a higher limit.  Also, your interest rate will be high until after you have proven yourself very responsible in use and payment. 

You cannot safely say that you will ALWAYS be able to make payments because I've seen that thought get shot down when a job loss or major illness strikes.  It is a goal to strive for, but reallity can really bite!

As already said, it is doubtful. Start with a Secured card, check with a lender like Capital One. Honestly, if you cannot afford to front a couple hundred dollars for a card, you really shouldn't even want an unsecured card as pretty much the minimum on them will be a five hundred dollar limit and that would be too much for you to pay off if it got out of hand. A good rule to go by is that if it is not a major purchase like a home or a car, then you should not charge it unless you could pay cash for it.