Question

ElainaG2813

Are my student loans have a negative effect on my credit score?
I have student loans that is not required to be paid off until after six months after I graduate. Is that having a negative effect on my credit? Should I just try paying little by little even though it's not required?

Students Loans Effecting Credit Score

My question is, does having student loans effect the current credit score? My score went down as they were listed.

student loans

If anyone has any advice, it would be appreciated. If I have to, I will definitely try and pay some off, but it will be hard. 

Student Loans

Sounds like you are still in school so waiting until 6 months after graduating to begin payment is a good idea.  If you have several loans, you may (after graduation) consider consolidating them so you will have to make payments to only one place.  Those postage stamps do add up, you know.

One thing you do hot want to happen is getting behind on your payments.  Student loans do not drop off your credit report until they are paid off, and they cannot be discharged in bankruptcy.

I hope you have a very productive career ahead of you.  And don't worry about the loans until they are due to be paid off.