Question

Mialove01

are Medical bills suppose to be on credit report?
I just noticed 2 unpaid medical bills showed up on my account. It brought my score down 30pts.

Yes.

Medical bills are reported just like any other debt is. Hospitals have a quick trigger when it comes to collections. Whereas with another lender, such as a bank, they try internallynfor 3 months or so, then they sell it to an outside agency.

But medical don't do that. Maybe one month tops, and in you go.

Anyone who has access to metro 2 software can report a debt.
Hospitals usually have a company they work with exclusively, but they may be amenable to work with you.

Yes, the unpaid medical bills can be on your credit report when it turned over to collections or similar actions. However, there are couple things to beware of with the changes reporting practices from National Consumer Assistant Plan...

-

A unpaid medical bills/collections have to be 180 days old BEFORE it can be on your credit reports. CRA finally realized it might take long while to sort out the medical bills between you and insurance companies.

-

Any current medical collections on your reports aren’t 180 days old yet, has to be removed.

-

Any medical collections later paid by insurance, those have to be removed. 

Snoblitt04

I have a lot of medical billing that was never taken paid by my old health insurance and now having the same issue with Disability and help from the state. Some of these medical bills have been on my report for like 4 years. All my medical bills should have been paid in full. I am still having issues trying to fix it. I keep getting a run around on who has to pay it. Which should not be a problem since I dont pay. They do. What can I do? I have disputed these claims so many times. I need help.

Medical only billed 1x then collections!

My husband had surgery Aug. 2017 we received 1 bill for Neurologist services $17,000. It went through insurance they paid their part, $1600. I did not receive an EOB for this bill. Last week, over a year later, we got a bill for the full $17,000 from a collection agency. Unfortunately, since I never heard from anyone in all this time I thought that the bill had been paid. Do we have any type of recourse for this or do we pay $5 a month for life towards it? I am disabled and my husband does not make a great deal of money either.

Med Bills

My son has contacted a debt collector to get the orig bills and date of serv for those med bills they said that he would receive them within 3 to 5 days that was 10 days ago. My son had full med ins since he was little due to my disability. And has copies of his ins cards to prove he was 100% covered with no co pay. These are hosp bills. Whats the next step???? 

Medical bills only show up on your credit report when they go to collections. 

medical bills

Small medical bills, from a clinic I used before my divorce, have appeared on my report too. I disputed them as they should have been paid by my Ex.

They are a debt that you owe and can definitely be on your credit reports.

Doctor Bills

I had several doctor bills on my credit report that went into collection. I just paid a total of $636.00  However, I keep reading we should not pay them at all because it makes your score dropped.  I am totally confused about this.  Can you shed some light on whats going on with this.  I am trying to buy a home. 

wrjose81

You shouldnt pay any accounts in collections until you speak with one of the collection agency reps and get something writing stating that they will remove the collection from your credit report before u make any payments.

-If you make a payment on any of those accounts they will not be willing to remove it from your credit since they already got paid. Paying it also resets the date of last activity on that account. For example, if the account went into collections on 01/1/2015 and you make a payment today, this payment will reset when the collection falls off your credit report which now will be 7 years from todays date instead of 1/1/2022

Med Bill

Hello i live in NY i had some Med Bills on my report and they removed all

person

no medical bills can be billed but do not and should not show on a credit report. however if its a co pay or special services through your insurance thats a different story.