Question

spvsarah

Are all remarks on credit derogatory?
I have a few remarks on my students loans that say "payment deferred," because you don't have to start paying them back until after you graduate. To me, these remarks don't seem negative. Should I be worried anyway? Is there such a thing as a neutral remark on a credit report - just information they need to share that doesn't look bad on me? I tried to google this but I literally can find nothing under "non-derogatory credit remarks."

Remarks are just statements provided by the creditor to the bureau. They can be neutral. The remarks themselves don't factor into your score and the "payment deferred" status does not negatively impact your score. 

Score dropped 30+points

My score dropped 30 points after all my loans were noted " Unknown" remarkfor all 15 loan accounts. I have 100% ontime payments, no accounts in collections, granted I have high utilizations. No accounts had a dramatic increase in balance during the time of my points be dropped 30+. The only change I saw that was different was that my loan was marked 15 times with the unknown remark on my account. Although it may not be derogatory, I am not sure why my score dropped so low for no apparent reason.

kaylalalauren

Same thing happened to me. My score just dropped 43 points and the only change is "student - payment deferred" was added as a mark on my student loans. I'm very irritated.