Question

marie0375

Approved for a loan but only if I close 8 of my credit card accounts
I have been approved for a small loan that would pay off 8 of my high interest rate credit cards but only if I agree to close the accounts. I was under the impression that if I close a bunch of cards at one time it will negatively affect my credit score. Does anyone know if this is true and how long it will impact my score?

If you close those cards, it will hurt the score.  I suggest trying for a balance transfer card that offers 0% interest for at least 12 months. I don't knokw who you were getting a loan from, but I'd be looking elsewhere. 

Many lenders make you do this. They're concerned if you don't close them, you'll charge them right back up again.