Question

CreditCuriosWB

Approval odds for Chase Slate? go for it or wait?
Long story short 14 months ago I started rebuilding my credit for about 9 months my cards had a fairly high usage rate due to an unforeseen circumstance. 3 months ago I began drastically lowering the balances of each card and I now stand at about a 6% usage rate. My credit score currently sits at a 658 according to capital one. my 3 current cards have fairly low balances and would like a cared where it has a chance to have a decent balance as well as Credit line increases. I was wondering if I should apply for the Chase Slate card or wait a few more months in the hope that my fico score will go up a few more points then apply for it?

Do you know what your Fico score are?  You would need to be around 690+ for most Chase cards.  Also the Slate card is really a balance transfer card and if you were not moving a balance to it or buying something big that would take awhile to pay for I would suggest a card like the Freedom or Freedom unlimited to get UR points or cash back.