Question

jlynnm70

Applying / Getting more than one credit card??
I was finally able to get approved for a credit card after MANY years. Should I try to get additional cards at the same time to improve my credit score? I want to try to buy a house next summer and want to improve my score as quickly as possible.

Yes, but make sure you research each card you are going to apply for to make sure you have a good chance of being approved before applying. Some credit card issuers have preapprovals on their websites as well that you only get a soft inquiry for using and soft inquiries do not affect your credit. Get yourself a total of 3 cards and a small installment loan that reports to all three credit bureaus, even if the loan has to be secured that is fine too, just make sure the lender reports to all three bureaus, the amount does not matter. Tip: once you get the loan, pay 50-75% of the principal balance off. The trick to using a loan for building credit is to get it paid down but not off.