Question

troyboy2

applying for new Chase card when not in good standing with Chase
I defaulted on a Chase card 6+ years ago and it is in collections. I since rebuilt my credit, and like Chase Freedom cash back and 0% offer. If I apply for this new card, will my old bill from my previous Chase account come back and haunt me? Can it open up a new statute of limitations on my old account, or can they freeze a new credit card?

It would not open a new Statute Of Limitations on the old card, but chances are Chase has probably blacklisted you, meaning that they will not issue any accounts to you again. I am not absolutely for sure that Chase blacklists, so do your own research. I advise you to go to the Chase website and check the preapproval link to see if they preapprove you for any of their cards.