Question

vanilla2swirl

applying for more credit without getting penalized.
I have 1 credit card for less than a year now. My score is currently 673. I'm building it so I can buy a house in the next 5 years. I want to apply for another card but I already have 6 inquiries so far. How can I get another without getting hit with a hard inquiry? Any other advice to help build my credit?

Most Helpful Response

Sad fact is, you can't get credit without an inquiry, unless you want to get a secured credit card (that's where you put up the money and then pay yourself back).  However, inquiries only count for 10% of your score, and having good credit accounts on your report counts for about 60% of your score, so in the long run it is worth it.  Your score is pretty close to qualifying, however, if you are interested in getting a mortgage now, check out www.naca.com.  Credit scores don't matter, zero closing costs, zero down payment and low interest rates.  They're a non-profit and totally legit.  Best of luck!