Question

marriedcouple

Applying for a credit card and knowing what the terms are BEFORE the account is opened.
Is there a way to apply for a card, have credit checked, then receive an offer stating the account maximum balance and the interest rate, BEFORE having the account opened? This allowing me to decide to accept or not.
I want to transfer my balance to a card with a lower interest rate. I don't mind the inquiry but do not want to get a card at a rate too high.
The cards all show large differences in what the interest rate might be. ex. 14.25% - 24.25%. If i can get closer to the 15%, good, but not if it goes past 18 or 20%.
I spoke with Chase, and they say sorry, once you hit submit, and are accepted the account is opened at the rate and maximum balance the decide. if i don't want it i have to close it. that is a hard hit on my score.

They are right... Once you hit the botton the damage is done.  The only way for them to decide what your rate is going to be is to hit the boutton... once that is done everything is set into motion.  If I were you I would only look for cards with a 0% interest rate... But here is the thing if you have high utilization then it will be hard to get the card or at least high starting limit.  The thing is Banks dont like to give credit to people who need it.